Re: Daylight Savings Time Translation Error with Oracle 8i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:07:17 +0200

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:15:00 GMT, David Sanabria <david.sanabria_at_morte_spam.thehartford.mortespam.com> wrote:

>I am having problems with getting dates out of Oracle since DST began.
>My problem is that I am converting an EPOCH date from seconds to the
>native Oracle DATE on the server

What is your pressing need you are doing this? Oracle doesn't have it's own date at all, and just derives it from the system date.
That said, on *Nix this would imply you have your TZ variable incorrectly set, and on Winblows you simply aren't using DST.

Also please do not cross and multipost.
Your audience won't be bigger, as the frequent responders monitor all three groups.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA