Adding things after the fact

From: Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:58:21 GMT

I am currently running a few 9i databases and am interested AND finally have the time to fire up OEM. I also want to get RMAN going on some other DB's that I manage as well.

What I was wondering is what is the best way to add the Oracle Agent to an already existing Oracle server? I didn't install the agent back when they were 8i and didn't add it when I moved them to 9i. Now that I have added the 9.2.0.x patch I probably need to patch a fresh agent install.

So do I install the agent from 9.2.0 then re-apply just the patch for version 9.2.0.x (where is x is either 4 or 6 depending on the server in my environment I am working with).

Thanks in advance for any pointers...
Vince
p.s. They are all running on HP-UX 11i. They are either 9.2.0.6 or 9.2.0.4,

Come race with us!
http://www.mgpmrc.org Received on Tue Apr 12 2005 - 10:58:21 CDT