Re: how to view all tables?

From: Lewis C <lewisc_at_excite.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:55:36 GMT

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 03:04:40 +0930, "Ian" <not_at_available.com.au> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have just installed Oracle 10 on Solaris and would like to practice some
>SQL
>I selected the examples & schema examples to be installed.
>Could someone please help me how to find the examples schema, or the command
>to view all the table names?
>I need to know what to querry. eg select * from ???
>thanking you in advance

Others have answered the question about finding table names.

But which examples did you want? SCOTT/TIGER is the oldman of the bunch. Standard EMP, DEPT etc. However there are more, off the top of my head, I remember HR, OE, and SH. I think there was an OLAP or BI or something like that also. I do remember that SH has a warehousing schema with a large table and a materialized view.

There may be others. Again, off the top of my head I remember the passwords for these are the same as the account, i.e. HR/HR, SH/SH, OE/OE.

By default, unless you chose to unlock them during install, the accounts are locked. You will know this if you try to login and get a message that the accounts are locked. heh Doi.

To unlock them, log in as a DBA and issue:

ALTER USER HR  ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
ALTER USER OE  ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
ALTER USER SH  ACCOUNT UNLOCK;

Hope that helps,