Oracle Proxy Plugin (IIS) and Certificates

From: DartmanX <fergusonjason_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2005 05:35:34 -0700

Greetings.

We have a setup where on our live server, IIS fronts for Oracle Application Server using the Oracle Proxy Plugin. (Unfortunately, getting rid of our Windows Server environment is not. an. option.).

We have run into a situation where we need client certificate information pushed back to an application residing on the Oracle App Server. Unfortunately, and according to the docs, the plugin does not backend requests SSL even when in an SSL environment. Effectively, certificate information is blocked from anything "behind" the plugin.

Does anyone have a clean solution/workarounde to this problem?

(Note: we are stuck with our current setup with IIS in front and Oracle App Server behind. When we called Oracle Tech Support, the jack... er, help desk person gave us a 5 minute lecture on why we should be using UNIX, which again, is Not. An. Option.)

Jason Received on Fri Apr 08 2005 - 07:35:34 CDT