Connecting Oracle thru JDBC

From: asktom <tk_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 07:34:19 +0800

Not sure if this is the right place to ask because this issue involving both oracle and JDBC (which means java).

How can someone connect as SYS using JDBC? I have this problem because we must also supply the role as SYSDBA when connecting by SYS. In JDBC, If we connect by DriverManager.getConnection(url, property), it is fine as the 'internal_logon' property is used to specify SYSDBA. But what about when we need to connect thru a datasource? There doesnt seem to be a corresponding place to specify 'internal_logon' property if we connect thru a datasource! Received on Tue Apr 05 2005 - 18:34:19 CDT