Re: UTL_FILE Help - ORA-29280

From: Jonathon <jsuggs_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2005 12:29:47 -0700

"Why the App Server?" We already have a method for users to access files in that directory...it is where all of the the reports that are created are stored...so this way, no extra code would have to be written for the users to access the output of this prcoedure.

BTW this is a linux system...FYI for naming conventions

I can create a directory with the syntax '//PDLDEV3/home/oracle/pdl_reports'

Then I get an ORA-28293 invalid file operation error. I could be wrong, but this makes me think that it is either a priviledges thing on the app server (although we have a 777 mask right now...just for dev) or that is is thinking that there is a folder called 'PDLDEV3/home/...' and it is just not seeing that folder, thus the error.

So, I am thinking DA Morgan may be correct in that unless I can make it visible to the database server, then it won't be able to access (obviously)... so unless someone has thoughts otherwise, I guess we will have to look at a means of a file transfer from the db to the app server.

Thanks! Received on Mon Apr 04 2005 - 14:29:47 CDT