Re: Common pro*c code for both Oracle and non-Oracle environments

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2005 06:33:19 -0700

Golan wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a PRO*C code that may run also on PCs where Oracle is not
> installed. In this case ofcourse the code that read & write from the
> database should be ignored.
> What should I specify in the code so the oricedures with the database
> access will be ignored in case Oracle is not installed?
>
> Thanks

One of the areas you may want to look into is static vs late or dynamic binding. Late binding basically means is that you load the Pro*C/C++ libraries at runtime depending on if Oracle is installed or not.

You can get a detailed response on late binding in comp.lang.c or comp.lang.c++ NG's.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Apr 04 2005 - 08:33:19 CDT