Re: PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION in a trigger

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:17:15 -0700

Josh White wrote:

> Thanks in advance - I cannot work this out myself because I don't have
> an Oracle database on my machine to test my code until next week - and
> I am new to Oracle.
>
> Josh.

If you need to query the table on which the query is located most likely you have a design problem: Explore this possibility first.

The question you are assuming you can ask, in your trigger, is not easily answered unless you assume you have a single user database. What is the actual business case?

To download Oracle go to http://otn.oracle.com.

The rules around mutating triggers changed in Oracle 10g. What version are you coding for?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington