Re: Running perl DBI in PLSQL on UNIX

From: <katiesoh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Apr 2005 08:12:26 -0800

Thanks for your suggestion. All the environment variables you listed have been set.

The way I would like this to work is within a PLSQL program, a java stored procedure is called which then makes a call to the Perl program which sits on the database server. The Perl program connects to the database and does its job. yes, not efficient at all. This program is not called often and at most it runs about 15mins. So, I'm not too much concern with the performance or efficiency but to just make it work in PLSQL. I don't understand why the program would terminate when it execute OPEN. kat Received on Sat Apr 02 2005 - 10:12:26 CST