"ORA-19011: Character string buffer too small"

From: Karen <brian.peasey_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Apr 2005 06:18:47 -0800

Hi,

Within a Pl/SQL package I have a large insert statement that returns a "ORA-19011: Character string buffer too small" when it try to run it.

The target column is a clob. Here's the statement with many of the columns removed for readablity sake.

INSERT INTO t_staging(temp_xml) (SELECT '<VEHICLES>' || XMLAGG(XMLELEMENT ("VEHICLE",
xmlattributes(
AB_RG,AB_RG_001,

<snipped>

VISUAL_ID,WHEEL_DRIVE,
XSTATUS))) || '</VEHICLES>' AS "ROW" from policy_vehicle where policy_num = (select distinct policy_num from policy where policy_number = 3 ))

How can I get past this error and get my data into the table? I have tried casting the 3 three sections that are getting concatenated using to_clob() but I still get the same error. If I remove 13 columns from the huge list it will work, but I need all the columns.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Brian P. Received on Fri Apr 01 2005 - 08:18:47 CST