UTL_FILE Help - ORA-29280

From: Jonathon <jsuggs_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Mar 2005 16:11:51 -0800

I am having some troubles trying to create a procedure that will create an output file. When I try to use fopen, it gives me an error saying "invalid directory path." I had seen a previous group talking about this, tried their suggestions and am still having issues. I tried creating a directory, no luck...where does the utl_file_dir come into play? Does that have to be set for this to work? I have tried everything, even setting chmod 777 on the directory. Open to any suggestions.

Here is my code:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE rpts_mapping_engine() IS   v_fh utl_file.file_type;
BEGIN

  v_fh := utl_file.fopen(location  => '/home/oracle/pdl_reports',
                         filename  => 'test.html',
                         open_mode => 'w');
  utl_file.put_line(file => v_fh, buffer => 'Test');   utl_file.fclose(file => v_fh);
END rpts_mapping_engine; Received on Thu Mar 31 2005 - 18:11:51 CST