Re: xml import

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:48:31 GMT

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:04:01 +0200, Michael Wimmer wrote:

> Most likely 9.2 but an upgrade to 10g would be possible if necessary.
>
> I assume you mean the XML SQL Utility (XSU). One question, can this tool
> be configured to listen on a specific port and capture the streaming XML
> (assuming the mappings for the XML files to the relational Tables are
> provided) or do I have to do this programatically?
>
> The XML documents will arrive on the server via HTTP.

No, I don't mean [just] XSU. Oracle 9i includes Apache, mod_plsql, utl_htp for interaction, Java and PL/SQL SAX and DOM parsers. Then there's the question whether you want to store that data in XML (using XMLDB and the XMLtype) or map back to table/col. See http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/xml/xdkhome.html

You might want to look at the sample code and tutorials on OTN.oracle.com, such as the white paper on "XML Data Streaming Using PL/SQL and SAX" Received on Wed Mar 30 2005 - 06:48:31 CST