Re: How to begin with tuning of SQL statements

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2005 02:52:13 -0800

sam wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the response.I dont need the manual.I need the practical
> guidance if you can provide that.From where to begin and things to
> remember while doing that.
>
> sameer

You would need the manual to start off. Tuning is a broad subject and cannot be summarized in just one post. Start with the manual and a test database. Visit this NG, metalink and http://tahiti.oracle.com frequently. If you have a specific question within tuning e.g. how do I tune such and such query then you can post it here and someone will be able to answer you.

As for statspack snap id, It's all listed in ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/spdoc.txt or ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/doc/spdoc.txt

Regards
/Rauf Received on Wed Mar 30 2005 - 04:52:13 CST