DML from a function

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 03:00:38 GMT

I've written a function to handle the Interval for a DBMS_JOB (with help from folks here). I wanted to have it write to a log each time it ran, so I added a simple INSERT into it. I promptly got an error that DML statement are not permitted in a "query" (I guess it means a function?). I figured, no problem, I'll simply create a Procedure that will write to the log and call the procedure from the function. That caused the same error. Is there a "simple" way around this?

--
Randy Harris
(tech at promail dot com)