DBMS_JOB.INTERVAL help needed

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:07:38 GMT

I'm trying to manage the interval with DBMS_JOB. I'd like to set a range of hours and limit the days.

I tried developing my own function and using that, but couldn't get it to work. Is that supposed to be possible? I see in Tom Kyte's web site, he has an example that uses a CASE statement. I'm still working with 8i and have no CASE statement. Should I be able to use IF-THEN? What built-in functions are supposed to be available? The SQL functions? The PL/SQL functions? I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

--
Randy Harris
(tech at promail dot com)