Re: Procedure to show and spool all the results

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:31:10 -0800

jackfung188_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks Rene and DA.
> However, it seems pretty complicated. Is there any other solution to
> handle this?
>
> Or, if I simply want to display all results on the screen(no spooling),
> how can I achieve this?
> Seems if I just use dbms_output.putline, it only displays the queries
> only without the results.
>
> select * from customer where customer_id=xx;
> select * from order where customer_id=xx;
> select * from product where product_id=yy;
>
> Thanks

DBMS_OUTPUT is not the tool for displaying anything on screen except for purposes of debugging and I certainly wouldn't ask it to do what you are asking.

There is nothing complex about UTL_FILE. You could easily take the example on the web site and get it to work for you changing only two or three lines.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington