Re: No LIMIT command

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:21:03 +0100

On 23 Mar 2005 12:43:18 GMT, Oliver Meister <nospam1_at_creabyte.ch> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am on my first steps with Oracle/ sqlplus.
>We are using it together with BroadVision.
>
>I am well familiar with MS SQL and MySQL but I am not too sure if I shall
>like this one. ;-)

My experiences are to the contrary. Broadvision is a seriously flawed 'database independent' product, which doesn't support the concept of referential integrity in the database. Consequently, you can't delete any records, but you can only flag them as deleted, because 'disk is cheap' according to a Broadvision consultant.

I don't think MS SQL and MySQL will ever develop into serious competitors against Oracle.

You are recommended to forget everything you learned about MS SQL and MySQl, especially your habit of not reading the manual.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA