Oracle Lite Client 10g (WINXP) : RESUME_CLIENT_TIMEOUT parameter.

From: ppcdev <ppcdev_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2005 06:34:17 -0800

Hi

I've installed the Oracle Lite Client 10g on a WINXP laptop computer.

I've modified the POLITE.INI file by adding the RESUME_CLIENT_TIMEOUT parameter under the [SYNC] part of POLITE.INI.

In the admin guide, it is said the following :

<quote>

J.2.7 RESUME_CLIENT_TIMEOUT
This parameter enables the Administrator to set the total number of seconds that the
client should use to resume network timeout operations. Default Value
60 seconds
Example
RESUME_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=120
</quote>

But when I brutally stop the connection on the client side (it is on a UMTS network) then the client does not wait the 120 seconds before closing the client application (msync.exe). It waits a small time (20/30sec) then the client stops.

Does this parameter work properly ? Or if I don't use it correctly, could anyone from Oracle explain how to use this function ?

Thank you Received on Tue Mar 22 2005 - 08:34:17 CST