Re: How to find SQLPlus.exe

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:27:21 +0100

Robert Wehofer wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> How can I find SQLPlus.exe programmatically? The name of SQL Plus could be
> different (SQLPlus.exe, SQLPlus80.exe), the path too.
>
> Is there a registry entry or something else to read out to get the location
> and name of SQL Plus?
>
> Robert

It's called sqlplus. (or sqlplus.exe on that one exception) It has always been sqlplus in recent history. There was a time it was called spufi, or sqlplus33.exe, but they lived happily ever after...

Path? It should be in your path being used, or else, don't use it. In that case, you do not have sufficient rights to be using Oracle anyway. Oh yes - the one exception ignored; it only knows about one path.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel