Re: How to find SQLPlus.exe

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2005 06:02:13 -0800

Robert Wehofer wrote:
> Hello there!
>
> How can I find SQLPlus.exe programmatically? The name of SQL Plus
could be
> different (SQLPlus.exe, SQLPlus80.exe), the path too.
>
> Is there a registry entry or something else to read out to get the
location
> and name of SQL Plus?
>
> Robert

  1. Programatically as in VB, VC++ etc?

Earliest release that I can access is 7.x so,

Command line SQL*Plus executable has the same name across versions from atleast 7.x and above i.e. sqlplus.exe on Win*.

GUI SQL*Plus version name is different across versions on Win*,

- Plus33w.exe in 7.x
- Plus80w.exe in 8.0.x
- Sqlplusw.exe in versions 8.1.x and above

To get the path, you can query oracle_home key in the registry HKLM\Software\Oracle and add \bin\sqlplus.exe to it.

On *nix... it's only sqlplus across all versions since atleast 7.x

Regards
/Rauf Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 08:02:13 CST