Using constant as part of reference key

From: Golan <bcg008_at_mot.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2005 04:53:16 -0800

Hi all,
Let's say I have a master table named "MASTER" with the following fields:
Command_Type number(1),
Timestamp date,
a number(3),
b number(3)

and to tables "DETAIL1" & "DETAIL2" with the following fields: Timestamp date,
a number,
c number,
d number

The primary key for "MASTER" consist of (command_type,timestamp,a) and I want to create for bot detail tables a reference key which refers to "MASTER" but each table represents a different constant value for the command_type field (what I mean is that for example all records in DETAIL1 match command_type 1, and all records in DETAIL2 match command_type 2. Please notice that commad_type field is not part of detail tables).
What is the syntax for this reference key?

Thanks in advance Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 06:53:16 CST