table function - get certain array item

From: Robert Wehofer <thalion77_at_graffiti.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:44:52 GMT

Hello there!

I would like to get a certain array item as a result of a selected table function.

Example:
select s.* from dkm_gst_text t, TABLE(t.sdogeometry.SDO_ELEM_INFO) s where rownum < 4;

This select statement gets me the first three array items of the array sdogeometry.SDO_ELEM_INFO.

I'm only interested in the 3rd array item. Is there a possibility to select only a certain item of an array?

The version

select s.* from dkm_gst_text t, TABLE(t.sdogeometry.SDO_ELEM_INFO) s where rowid = 3;

doesn't work.

One more question:

Why does not work following statement?

select s.* from dkm_gst_text t, TABLE(t.sdogeometry.SDO_ELEM_INFO) s where t.rownum < 2;

I would like to get all array items of the first dataset in dkm_gst_text.

Regards,
Robert Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 04:44:52 CST