Re: Newbie question - how do I choose my working directory?

From: Paul <paulsnewsgroups_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:32:25 +0000

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote:

>what do you want. To run sqlplus when you are currently in g:\paul or to
>specify where you run scripts from so you don't have to type the full path?

Being a lazy swine, yes!

>If it is the latter, my guess is that it is, and you are on windows which
>seems likely then you need to edit the sqlpath setting in the registry under
>HKLM\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\(some easily discovered key which varies according to
>version). this registry key takes a ; separated list of directories and
>searches them in order when you wish to run a script using start or @ in
>sqlplus.

Thanks for that.

Paul...

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

if Oracle group then
db := Oracle 9.2.0.1.0;
else
db := Interbase 6.0.2.0;
endif

As a courtesy to those who spend
time analyzing and attempting to
help, please do not top post. Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 19:32:25 CST