Re: Any way to know database lock?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:39:36 -0000

"GS" <whatever_at_spam.com> wrote in message news:2P_Zd.37985$ZO2.28675_at_edtnps84...

> Rauf Sarwar wrote:

>> Peter CCH wrote:
>>
>>>I'm new to Oracle.
>>>Is there anyway to see which tables in the schema is locked or having
>>>deadlock?
>>>
>>>In MS-SQL Server, under Management > Activity, we can see which
>>>database and tables is holding the lock and which one is locking.
>>>
>>>How about Oracle?

There are a number of ways, OEM will do it as you describe and you can set up two views for the purpose DBA_WAITERS and DBA_BLOCKERS metalink will tell you how to create these.

>>>Can I know any tools in Oracle is doing the similar things like
>>>Profiler in MS-SQL Server?

The most direct equivalent is SQL trace and TKPROF. You'll need to research those terms a little on metalink to work out how to use them. Currently (i.e 9.2 or 10g vs sql2000) you'll get far more good info from the Oracle tools than the sql ones. This is likely to change with sql2005.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA