Re: Newbie question - how do I choose my working directory?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 15:38:29 -0800

Paul wrote:
> "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> >Open command prompt.
>
> >C:\> cd /d G:\Paul
> >G:\> sqlplus username/password_at_database
>

> That's exactly what I wanted, but I don't appear to be able to change
> directory - are there any neat tricks for that too?
>

> Thanks for your help!
>

> Paul...

Mark gave you a pointer for GUI sqlplus... I on the other hand only use command line sqlplus. I have created a simple batch script to launch sqlplus which just gives me a bit of control to change my working directory. You can substitute sqlplus with sqlplusw to use GUI version. This will only work on NT/2K/XP/2K3,

@echo off
set workdir=C:\My_Working_dir
echo Specify working directory or hit enter to choose default %workdir% echo.
set /P workdir=
echo Working dir: %workdir%&echo.
cd /d %workdir%

   sqlplus /nolog
) else (

   sqlplus %1
  )

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 17:38:29 CST