SQL Problem

From: Stephen Morton <news_at_stoneyard.co.uk>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 12:24:11 -0800

Please could someone help me with this problem. I have a table 'tab1' that looks this:

Col1      Col2

---- -----
A Alpha A Bravo B Charlie B Delta

and a table 'tab2' that looks like this

Col1      Col3

---- ----
A 1 B 2

I would like produce this report from the tables:

Col1      Col3      Col2

A 1 Alpha Bravo B 2 Charlie Delta

I can easily solve this problem using PL/SQL but wonder if I am missing a simpler SQL solution.

I am using Oracle 8i and 9i.

Thanks in advance, Stephen. Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 14:24:11 CST