Re: Any recovery after Oracle exceeds disk limits under Linux?

From: steve <me_at_me.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:08:30 +0800

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:19:23 +0800, deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote (in article <1110399563.480337.82860_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):

>> GreyBeard wrote:
>>
>> However, I do apologize to the extent appropriate to your skill &
>> competence.
>>

> Nah - not looking an apology, especially one like that. I guess
> condescension just comes more naturally to some people than others,
> especially on unix boards, which I find most irritating. I mean for
> Pete's sake, we have 5 developers, and we all have to know Oracle DBA
> and oracle programming and regular programming under linux and windows
> and solaris, and full database and system design, programming it all up
> on multiplatforms and on top of that get it all working and in
> production and used around the world under never-ending pressure.... So
> if I come on and ask a simple question in the hope that I can get an
> answer QUICK, even if that means I could have spent hours looking it up
> in google, then I hate to tell you, but that's what I'm gonna do. I can
> put up with your condescension if I can get my job done efficiently.

fastest way is if you had redo enabled.
re-gen. the dbf file , but make it BIG ( not bigger than about 1.9gb, per file), do not ever allow the file to expand beond 2gb per file. ( do not ever allow auto expansion to be on , unless you limit the overall file size)

that said , i have never had any problems with the oracle on linux, but then again i only run on suse or redhat, and lock the individual file size below 2gb. Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 03:08:30 CST