Re: ORA-29531 Error - and the method is declared both PUBLIC and STATIC

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2005 09:22:04 -0800

jfk2001 wrote:
> Rauf,
>
> Thank you very much for responding to my initial request for
> assistance. I made the suggested changes, and unfortunately I still
> get
> the ORA-29531 error. Do you have any other ideas of what may be
> causing the issue?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE AND RESOLVE JAVA SOURCE NAMED "TimeZoneFormatter" AS
  2 import java.util.TimeZone;
  3 // import java.util.Date;
  4 import java.sql.Date;
  5 import java.text.DateFormat;
  6
  7 public class TimeZoneFormatter {
  8
  9 public static String Convert(String clientTimezone, Date clientDate)
 10 {
 11 //set the format for the dates
 12 DateFormat dateFormatter =
 13 DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(DateFormat.LONG, DateFormat.LONG);  14 TimeZone timeZoneClient = TimeZone.getTimeZone(clientTimezone);  15 // Set the time zone of the date formatter to Client time zone.  16 dateFormatter.setTimeZone(timeZoneClient);  17
 18 return dateFormatter.format(clientDate);  19
 20 }
 21 }
 22 /

Java created.

SQL> CREATE OR REPLACE function TimeZoneFormatter (ClientTimezone varchar2,
  2 ClientDate Date)
  3 -- ClientDate varchar2)
  4 return varchar2 as
  5 language java
  6 -- name 'TimeZoneFormatter.Convert(java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
  7 name 'TimeZoneFormatter.Convert(java.lang.String, java.sql.Date)   8 return java.lang.String';
  9 /

Function created.

SQL> select TimeZoneFormatter('Europe/Paris', sysdate) from dual;

TIMEZONEFORMATTER('EUROPE/PARIS',SYSDATE)

14 March 2005 01:00:00 CET

SQL> Regards
/Rauf Received on Mon Mar 14 2005 - 11:22:04 CST