Re: Table key fields

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:41:48 GMT

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:15:23 +0100, Nicolas Prömper wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I want to determine the key fields of a table through reading the oracle
> meta data tables. Obviously, ALL_TAB_COLUMNS does not contain a key flag and
> reading the indexes seems not be the right solution.
> So, does anyone knows, where the "key-flag" is stored?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Nick
>
> P.S: The version I'm currently reading is a 9.1

In Oracle's terminology this would be a constraint. Therefore you would want to look at ???_CONSTRAINTS and ???_CONS_COLUMNS, as described in the Oracle REFERENCE manual at http://docs.oracle.com

Unless you have busines reason for staying at 91. I'd encourage moving up to 9.2 as 9.1 is no longer supported.

/FGB Received on Sun Mar 13 2005 - 13:41:48 CST