Re: Function that Iterates down a structure

From: mike <hillmw_at_charter.net>
Date: 12 Mar 2005 14:28:17 -0800

Another question about the connect by

There is some other information I need from another table. I tried a join and I got an error message saying I could not have a connect with a join.

Any ideas how I can get this other information?

Can I use a function to get it and so someting like:

SELECT struct_id,
par_struct_id, func(par_struct_id) as par_desc, chd_struct_id, func(chd_struct_id) as chd_desc, struct_level
FROM struct

   START WITH chd_struct_id='4'
   CONNECT BY PRIOR chd_struct_id=par_struct_id    ORDER SIBLINGS BY struct_level

Mike Received on Sat Mar 12 2005 - 16:28:17 CST