Migrate from 8.1.7 to 9.2

From: cschang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:43:51 -0500

This was my first trial to migrate my 8.1.7 (patched with 8.1.7.4.1 ) to 9.2. I was following the Oracle 9.2 migration documentation, Chpater 3. Becasue of the existing database, I choosed the Custom (rather than installing the Enterprise Server or Standalone Server) from the screen three (or four) of the processs. That was what steps of book said. However, I got a pop-up error message "9.2 database can not be installed on the 8.1.3 ~ 9.0 system". So what should I do for my migration (upgrade)? Of course there are other ways to do, But I thought since Oracle has devised such some tool (Upgrade addistant ) from this processes, I want to use it rather than other manually method. Did I do some wrong? Or I missed something? Search the error message on-line can not locate any help. Can anyone help.

Chisoon Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 20:43:51 CST