Re: Any recovery after Oracle exceeds disk limits under Linux?

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:25:06 GMT

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:02:56 -0800, deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyway, I was only kinda joking when I made that comparison, I find it
> hard to get too excited about arguing on the internet. Anyway, who
> wouldn't get kinda pissed if their entire system crashed?

The "joke" happened the wrong way at the wrong time. It came across just like a lot of the anti-Linux slag that's been coming around lately, a lot of which is "yes, but" FUD.

And the context *seemed* similar to a lot that I've seen, or been called to bail out, lately in which the developer cheaps-out, gets a 'good enough' Linux environment, is not willing to put in thought or learning, and then blames everyone else when it crashes with a comment like "but in Windows we only ..."

However, I do apologize to the extent appropriate to your skill & competence.

And I still encourage you to look at the WhiteBoxLinux for your Oracle environment so you eliminate some of the unproven interaction aspects - such as learning how the 2.6 kernel interacts with 'stuff' (such as file systems) under stress.

/FGB Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 13:25:06 CST