Re: Importing from 10g to 9?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2005 13:45:50 -0800

deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We've had problems importing from 10g databases to 9. Is there some
> trick that we can do to allow this to occur smoothly? Conversion
> utility? The error message is IMP_00010 invalid header.
>
> THX
>
> Dean

  1. Use lower version exp tool against the source database out of the two versions involved. (9i in your case)
  2. Use target version imp tool against the target database out of the two versions involved. (9i in your case).
  3. When ftping the export dump file, do it in binary mode.
  4. Keep in mind that exp/imp tools are client utilities thus they use client NLS_LANG settings and not the database.

This is all documented.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Mar 08 2005 - 15:45:50 CST