Re: Any recovery after Oracle exceeds disk limits under Linux?

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:39:44 GMT

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:10:47 -0800, deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Update - the disk didn't run out of space, only the file size limit in
> oracle was exceeded. I don't know why this would interfere with the OS
> though.

So only the ulimit was reached. Different problem.

If memory serves, there was a libc (glibc < 2.2) problem that affected kernels older than 2.4.18 when ulimit was set. Ugly. Resolution required an upgrade.

This is not an Oracle issue. Sadly, it is a Linux issue. Since we don't specialize in dentistry we are unlikely to help with the resolution (and getting useful info, like versions, seems like pulling teeth). However, this is searchable on google, etc.

G'luk/FGB Received on Tue Mar 08 2005 - 13:39:44 CST