Re: What's a good Oracle & SQL Book?

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:39:45 GMT

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:47:22 -0800, deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Looking for a good Oracle and SQL book. I've been working as a
> programmer for 8 years and have done some oracle programming using ADO,
> more general SQL stuff, and some DBA work on and off, but I want to
> brush up on my knowledge base, including basics and also things such as
> db maintenance and optimization, creating
> triggers/procedures/sequences/efficient views/fast updating and
> deleting bulk mode, etc. But I want it to be specifically and Oracle
> book, not just a general SQL book. FWIW, I've been using 10g for most
> stuff recently.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Dean

Get and read:

(Skim) http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oressentials3/
(Learn) http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/0596006322/
(Learn) http://books.mcgraw-hill.com/getbook.php?isbn=0072230657

Bookmark and be familiar with:

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage
http://otn.oracle.com/obe
http://www.oaktable.org/

Highly recommended:

http://asktom.oracle.com/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracle9ipdf/
http://www.psoug.org/
http://www.orafaq.com
http://www.dizwell.com

IMO!!/FGB Received on Tue Mar 08 2005 - 06:39:45 CST