Re: Out of temp space

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 05:14:49 GMT

"Randy Harris" <randy_at_SpamFree.com> wrote in message news:RF9Xd.17634$hU7.16508_at_newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
> Daniel, I'm not exactly sure how, but it has something to do with grouping
> the segments in the WHERE clause. I don't know how to state it, but I
think
> the join segment needs to be separated from the OR'd segment. So far I
> haven't been able to find an explanation in the SQL reference (though I'm
> sure it's there), but I can get the query to run with the groupings.
>
> --
> Randy Harris
> (tech at promail dot com)

You know, now that I've thought about this, it stands to reason. Without the proper grouping in the WHERE clause, I'm probably generating some sort of Cartesian product result. I never worried about it with just ANDs in the WHERE clause.

Sorry for wasting the bandwidth with this posting storm. Received on Mon Mar 07 2005 - 23:14:49 CST