Corrupt data

From: William F. O'Neill <wfoneill001_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:50:41 -0500

Am using Powerbuilder 10.0.1 on WINXP with Oracle9i. Have just migrated an application for home use(non-network) from SQL Server to Oracle9i. Am using the Oracle 9i(9.0.1) DB Interface in my DB Profiles, and the 'Oracle in Orahome90' ODBC driver. I can connect fine from my application, and I can enter data and save it, but if I go back to the same record to edit it, it will update fine(no errors presented), but when I again bring it up, the first three letters of the edited field are corrupted; looks like some hexadecimal code. So, basically my problem is this:
Editing a previously entered record gets saved to the db with a corrupted edited column. I have checked all my code in Powerbuilder, and it works fine.
Also, everything worked great in SQL Server. Problem only arose after the migration to Oracle 9i. Any hints on what might be happening here???? Should I
be using a different driver?? Received on Mon Mar 07 2005 - 19:50:41 CST