imp

From: Andrew Clark <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:15:33 GMT

Hello,

I have fixed my error 1659's and now I just have to create some users that the designers of the database neglected to mention. This is what I have so far:

CREATE TABLESPACE foo DATAFILE 'F:\DATABASE\foo.ORA' SIZE 200M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 1M MAXSIZE 400M; CREATE USER foouser
 IDENTIFIED BY foopass
 DEFAULT TABLESPACE foo
 TEMPORARY TABLESPACE footemp
  QUOTA UNLIMITED ON foo
  QUOTA UNLIMITED ON footemp;

GRANT CONNECT TO foouser;

That creates the user and the tablespace that no one told me about! Now I would like to import ONLY this new user's objects from my dump file using imp. Should this work?

imp LOG=C:\Data\IMPLOG.log FILE=C:\Data\IMPORT.dmp FROMUSER=foouser TOUSER=foouser

I ask because I do not want to screw it up and have to do the whole import over. Thanks!

Andrew Received on Mon Mar 07 2005 - 11:15:33 CST