oracle, hotbackup and splitmittor

From: Paresh Chudasma <pareshc_at_btconnect.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:28:11 +0000 (UTC)

Dear group,

I would like to know how I can use oracle hotbackup mode and guarantee that all data has been flushed from memory onto disk before I split the mirror.

Would causing a checkpoint do it before going into hotbackup mode or changing the log (or doe this cause a checkpoint in it self?)?

Also what is the effect of the checkpoint? Is causing one to clear the memory buffers of transactions detremental to the DB? And does it use a write that goes to the filesystem level or all the way to the disk? The reason I ask is because I would like to know if it would be necessary to use OS sync to flush the filesytem cache.

Also I think I should suspend as well, any views please.

Regards

Paresh Received on Sun Mar 06 2005 - 12:28:11 CST