Re: DIRECTORIES and BFILE problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:58:41 +0100

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:52:27 GMT, "JavaDeveloper" <developer_at_java.it> wrote:

>Thanks at all of you.
>I supposed that I had to have files on the db server to point at them
>through a BFILE Object. I tried also to give a net directory path, like
>\\mycomputer\files\, but It does not like it. Strange...
>So, I'll consider to move all my files on the db server, or use a BLOB
>Object. With these ones (BLOBs) I can't reach a net directory path like
>\\mycomputer\files\ anyway!! Why? I can't to do this?

Remote file systems are not supported by Oracle. You have to change a registry key to have the local administrator account act as a network administrator, having full access to all remote systems. There is a note to this effect on Metalink, which I unfortunately didn't bookmark, so I can't tell you which key it is.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA