Re: How to change the SID

From: cschang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:36:12 -0500

GreyBeard wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:49:01 -0500, cschang wrote:
>

>>I have a 9.2.0.5 databse set up locally.  I wan to change the SID so my
>>weblogic 8.1.4 can talk to it.  Sorry I can not change Weblogic side to
>>match Oracle side.  When I look into the solutions (most of them are for

> Realizing you stated that the Weblogic side can not be changed - the last
> few times I'd heard that, the comment was related to the Java code. If
> so, the following may help:
>
> If this is a J2EE app, then all that's needed is to change the Data
> Sources, which is kept in an XML file in the J2EE server. No rewrite or
> touching the code at all.
>
> Also, what kind of JDBC driver is being used on the Weblogic side? If the
> OCI driver, then you likely have a TNSNAMES.ora that can be changed.
>
> /FGB

Thanks for all you suggestions.
First, I forgot to mention the system is running on windows 2000. Secondly, As i said, I can not change anything on th Java side (or anything under the weblogic, include the XML or other codes. If you were freshman or junior developer of a project, you know what I mean). Third. I believe that if I am going to change the tnsnames.ora of my local station which is somehting like
local_service_alias = ... ( SID=<old_SID>)..) to (SID=<new_SID>), I hvae to also modify the Intance_name of my init.ora file of the database. Probably Sybrabd is more correct with his details. However, I just could not find the exact document. Maybe I have not found yet.

I am just a helper for the porject here, not expert in every program fields. So I may lack the detail knowledge and try to learn as much as possible to accomplish my task. Thank yor for all.

C Chang Received on Sat Mar 05 2005 - 09:36:12 CST