Re: US - Central/Midwest - Oracle Financials Project Managers

From: Paul Linehan <paul_gan_spam_ar_bith_at_ireland.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:48:17 +0000

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Because the alternative is to do nothing. And while that may not add 3
>lines to the current spam it encourages many many others to spam and
>spam and spam.

I agree with your anti-spam campaign - it appears to be working in that a relatively small number of posts to this group are spam.

My question was really, "Why requote all 100 lines of spam in order to condemn it?" - just quote a sample line or two and then let fly 8-).

>Two quotes come to mind:
>1. "Think gobally act locally"

Agreed.

>2. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
> is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

Ah, yes, good ol Eddy. If you knew the number of hours that I have sat in the Ed Burke lecture theatre listening to lecturers drone on, you wouldn't have the nerve to quote him at me - we share an alma mater.

>I will not sit back and ignore spammers. I would encourage others
>to pile on. Spam may not go away because we do something. But it
>will definitely never go away if we do nothing.

I respect your viewpoint on this matter.

Paul...

Paul Linehan

XP Pro, Service Pack 2, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0

Please do not top post, thank you. Received on Sat Mar 05 2005 - 08:48:17 CST