Re: US - Central/Midwest - Oracle Financials Project Managers

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:44:52 GMT

joel-garry_at_home.com wrote:

> Mark Bole wrote:
>

>>read Paul's comment not as a recommendation to ignore spam, but
>>rather a recommendation to snip most of the original message in
>>the reply,

> Reading this on google, google doesn't show the quoted text unless you
> want it to - it just shows a link "-Show quoted text -". Most times it
> works good, sometimes not. It seems to be ignoring quote characters
> and comparing blocks of text in each post as it assembles the posts
> into a display. Then overwrites some of the text with ads (with my
> monitor/browser settings, at least).

[...]
> assuming people will be reading with character
> mode newsreaders (which would be my preference, oh well).

I still use NNTP, but occasionally check Google groups just for chuckles and grins, so I have seen what you mean. Isn't Google groups still just a character mode newsreader with HTML window dressing, or did I miss something?

I have a real bad feeling about letting Google software make too many decisions about what I do or don't want to see. I've read threads in other Usenet groups about Google "re-writes" of postings that are downright scary...

-Mark Bole Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 18:44:52 CST