Re: US - Central/Midwest - Oracle Financials Project Managers

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:18:24 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> Paul Linehan wrote:

>> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>>> Please post promotional and other advertising posts at c.d.o.marketplace
>>> in accordance with the charter. Your post, while important, constitutes
>>> spam in this group.
>>> Thank you.
 >>
>> If it is indeed spam (and I think you're correct), then why make the
>> situation worse by adding three lines to 100 and reposting the entire
>> spam?

>> Paul...

[...]
> Because the alternative is to do nothing. And while that may not add 3
> lines to the current spam it encourages many many others to spam and
> spam and spam.

I read Paul's comment not as a recommendation to ignore spam, but rather a recommendation to snip most of the original message in the reply, which in fact I have seen Daniel do on other occasions. In fact this was one of the more cordial anti-spam messages I've seen from Daniel! ;-)

-Mark Bole Received on Fri Mar 04 2005 - 15:18:24 CST