Re: US - Central/Midwest - Oracle Financials Project Managers

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:08:34 -0800

Paul Linehan wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>

>>Please post promotional and other advertising posts at c.d.o.marketplace
>>in accordance with the charter. Your post, while important, constitutes
>>spam in this group.
>>Thank you.

> If it is indeed spam (and I think you're correct), then why make the
> situation worse by adding three lines to 100 and reposting the entire
> spam?
>

> Paul...
>

> Paul Linehan
>
> XP Pro, Service Pack 2, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0
>
> Please do not top post, thank you.

Because the alternative is to do nothing. And while that may not add 3 lines to the current spam it encourages many many others to spam and spam and spam.

Two quotes come to mind:
1. "Think gobally act locally"

2. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil

     is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

I will not sit back and ignore spammers. I would encourage others to pile on. Spam may not go away because we do something. But it will definitely never go away if we do nothing.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington