DIRECTORIES and BFILE problems

From: JavaDeveloper <developer_at_java.it>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:29:48 GMT

Hi all!
I'm having a problem in creating BFILEs in a DB directory.

In my Java program I do these simple steps.

  1. Create a directory:

CREATE OR REPLACE TEMP_DIR AS 'D:\\FILES' The double \ is for java string processing purpose. It doesn't affect the creation of the directory.

2. Pass a file in the DB directory (the file name is "binaryfile.dat" and is in the D:\\FILES directory on the file system):

INSERT INTO MYTABLE (BFILE_COLUMN)
VALUES ( bfilename ('TEMP_DIR', 'binaryfile.dat'))

After these steps, controlling the table with a graphical DB tool (i.e. Toad), I see that in the BFILE column, after the name of the file loaded, there is a notice like "NoExist".
Reading that BFILE in my Java program, I find out that the file length is 73 bytes instead of 40 Kb!!!
The file does not exist!!!
My question is... why???

Note: Le DB is not in my computer, but the file binaryfile.dat is my local file system. Maybe, the loading works only on the same file system of the DB?? I hope not! :-)

Thanks

Matt Received on Wed Mar 02 2005 - 16:29:48 CST