Select problem

From: blue <fluyckx_at_configsc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:12:09 -0500

We have a customer using our software with an Oracle 9.2.0.4 database. Select statements do not return any records where at least one column has a NULL value. We're talking about basic selects to such as SELECT * FROM batch_schedule WHERE status = 'A'. If I populate all the columns in that record with at least empty string, then the record is returned. The customer also informed me that he's had this trouble with other software running against his Oracle DB as well, but didn't know why.

Running the same code in our test environment here with an Oracle 9.2.0.1 database, all works as planned.

Is there some kind of Oracle setting for this?

Thanks for your help.
Frank Received on Mon Feb 28 2005 - 11:12:09 CST