Avoid the fragmentation in 9.2

From: cschang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:19:34 -0500

We have a database in 9.2.0.5. Recently, we set up a procedure that will load about 1.5 millions records into a tmp table, drop a old table   rename tmp to old and recreate the index on the old table. We have to do this weekly. How can we avoid to fragment the tablespace? Another DBA told me there is restriction of TRUNCATE table for million records even I use the drop storage option. IS that true? I have searched the manual and on-line, but no luck of such statement. Can any one give me hints how to do this more efficiently? Thanks

C Chang Received on Sat Feb 26 2005 - 22:19:34 CST