Re: Peculiar results from a simple looking query.

From: <ak_tiredofspam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 14:42:18 -0800

Daniel,

have you ever ported an application in real life? I successfully did it several times, and I think Steve's approach is quite correct.

When deciding if to migrate, (and which RDBMS to migrate to) we must first evaluate if the benifits from migration outweight the effort required to migrate.

The effort definitely includes

The effort might or might not include

It is a common error to invest in optimizing ported code when it runs for 10 seconds once a day, and the response time is not crutial, and speed it up to under 1 second Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 16:42:18 CST