Re: Ora-00164: Autonomous and Distributed transactions

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 06:38:41 -0800

Frank, I searched the Oracle bug database for the number 692232 and got no hits. Are you sure that is the correct number?

We ran several versions of 8.1.7 and make regular constant use of distributed transactions and also used anonymous transactions successfully as long as we did not mix the two together. We were mostly on 8.1.7.4. I was trying to see if the bug was platform specific or fixed in one of the patch sets.

We still run an 8.1.7 db and I wanted to check it out to see if we have a potential issue that I need to note. Fortunately we are mostly 9.2.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Feb 25 2005 - 08:38:41 CST